LegacyGT.com

5EAT Question

DocGregg

Hi! I'm a Ford factory transmission tech and have a friend with a Tribeca. She had some transmission problems, codes pointed to solenoid E. I bought a rebuilt valvve body and replaced it, and her car is running fine. My problem now is I want to fix the one I took out and re-sell it to get back what I spent on the one I bought.

I've totally rebuilt the valve body and it all looks good. What I'm having trouble with is making sure I replace the correct solenoid.

The codes are P0771, P1798 ansd P1799. The P0771 indicates shift solenoid E, the others look like generic markers. What I want to know is, does anyone know for sure which one is SS E? Further, I'm checking the resistance on all of the solenoids, and I cannot for the life of me find anywhere what the proper readings should be. I'd happily pay the $20 or more I've seen for a manual but in the past I've done that too many times and then what I was looking for wasn't in the manual I bought.

So in short, does anyoone know the resistance I should be seeing from the solenoids?

There are 3 didfferent solenoid types, one with a button which is inverse of the ones without a button and one that is unique and I'm guessing is the line pressure control.

Any help?

Thanks!

Archived