LegacyGT.com

Easiest/cheapest side feed to top conversion

Mine is an 06 and I am wanting to swap to top feed. I have an oem top feed fuel rail and oem injectors lined up. I know I will need top feed TGVs. Is the newer fuel rail a direct swap or any other parts I may need. Or are any of the aftermarket kits easier to swap into the car? My hope is that swapping to top feeds may help the infamous stutter/stumble. Thank you for any input

I have ID1000s along with their top feed conversion. They utilize larger o-rings at the TGVs so I would image that they would work with the OEM rails as well. What injectors are you planning? Others have used the OEM parts for the conversion so I don't think you'll encounter many issues. Also, don't forget you'll need in line fuel dampers as the side feed dampers are included as part of the rail. Top feed dampers were located near the strut tower.

Ah yes forgot about the dampers I was looking on the pics of the top feed I bought(I don’t have them in hand just yet) I noticed dampers were not on the rails. Looks like I will be finding some of them. I am planning on running stock dark blue STI injectors for now. I have VF52 and that’s probably as far as I will go. Thanks for the reminder about the dampers

Archived