LegacyGT.com

Anyone switch from COBB to Ecutek?

wukindada

Yes but the turbo can only make up so much for elevation before it has gone beyond its abilities. Remember we only have a tiny little snail. Ask anyone who has driven their GT/XT/WRX, etc with a tune both at a mile high and at sea level and they will tell you there is a big difference in power.

Ya, I dont know exactly how the corrections work. All I know is that we put it on the dyno and those where the numbers it spit out. Can anyone explain how the corrections work? I could see corrections if you were trying to find bhp but not for whp

Don't sweat things too much, dynos are dynos - they're tuning tools. :)

So there are ones that read high, and ones that read low...and ones that are heartbreakers. What's the big deal?

Take her out to the strip, see how she goes. Do a coupla pulls, see if that puts a grin on your face. That's the important part. ;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Ya, I dont know exactly how the corrections work.

Well it has to do with weather parameters and altitude. SAE corrections are suppose to help "even the field". The theory is it would give a guy like yourself at 5900 feet the same corrected numbers as me here at sea level to compare with. The results are never perfect but gets things pretty close. Lets say we both dyno 260WHP 290TRQ SAE corrected. In theory we have the same powermaking potential as each other. You go to your dragstrip and I go to mine and another story will be told. When you input weather parameters such as temperature,altitude,humidity,dew point and barometric pressure you can calculate a Density Altitude or DA. These figures have a direct relationship with SAE correction factors. SAE corrections makes those parameters equal placing everyone under the same conditions theoretically. Here in the fall (North East) we can see DA's in the MINUS 1,000 to Minus 1,500ft even though I am at around 80ft above. Mineshaft DA's are a great help at the strip.

wukindada - keep fighting the cause!

TDC a protuner out of the northeast is willing to come to Tampa Florida but we would need to get ten cars lined up. On tamparacing.com there are about six or seven STI guys that want protunes. I informed TDC that I would be happy to pay for his flight and help set up a Dyno location. The nearest Dyno that is at a reasonable price is in Orlando. Other than the dealer do you know of a Dyno center in Tampa?

So now there is two in Tampa....any others interested in a Protune?

• 2 years later...

I stumbled upon this old thread...I HAD Ecutek and now have an AP. I had some serious issues with WGDC on my 06...for some reason Ecutek could not hit a certain level so I was leaving a lot on the table. I said screw it and went to an AP.

$700 down the drain.

Rehab is for quitters.

Archived