LegacyGT.com

Cam sensors

Hi guys. Not sure if anyone’s going to be able to help me or if I’m going to be able to explain this issue correctly but I have a 2003 Legacy wagon which had a Manual EJ20Y which unfortunately sustained rod knock from a turbo blowing. I then purchased a crashed low km 2006 legacy (EJ20X) and swapped that motor into my car. In the process I removed the air pump rubbish and swapped the intake, Sensors and wiring from the old motor to the new one. With it all installed I get cranking but no start and A error for the Cam Sensors. As far as I can tell it’s because the old motor relied on the two wire cam sensor and the new motor on the Hall effect three wire sensor. What options do I have to get the motor running? I can’t use the ecu from the new motor As I get the Error HC because the ecu isn’t able to talk to the BCM. And the original ecu can’t rwad the Hall effect signal as far as I’m aware. Can anyone help out and suggest an idea I can try? My next thought was to put the new motors loom back on and see if it would start with that. Thanks in advance

Archived