LegacyGT.com

Antenna replacement suggestions

Lgt005

As a lot of you know there is a known “flaw” with our 05-09 legacies. The antenna is in the rear window sometimes goes fuzzy. I have tried to find a crack or break in the wire multiple times to no avail. I have dealt with a crappy radio signal for years now and am sick if it.

My question is. Does anyone have any experience with an external aftermarket antenna to completely delete the factory antenna.? This way I never have to deal with the rear window. I would like to find one that looks like a serious xm radio antenna if possible because that would be easy to mount and wire. I want to find something strong and gets good signal, but I would prefer not want to have to drill any holes and would like to find one I can easily mount and hide. Thanks for any help!

Don’t know if this matters but I will also be replacing the stock head-unit with a kenwood ddx374 so I could just wire the new antenna directly up to this new head-unit.

Try install the head unit first and see if it is any better. My reception was hideous with the stock unit but for one reason or another it is now spotless with the aftermarket unit. Tried tightening connections multiple times along with pulling half the interior apart looking for other crap connections to no avail

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

Archived