LegacyGT.com

Thoughts on ebay volk ce28 rims from Russia...

Why Volks when Enkei are half the price? I have PF01's on my legacy from PO. No complaints. Just curious why Volks seem to be the "in" wheel. Still want to put some RPF1's on my wrx wagon to replace the old koenigs.

Really?

I feel like RPF1's are THE most played out wheel when it comes to subaru and light weight wheel options but I guess its matter of opinion and obviously anyone is biased towards the one they like more. I was never a fan of the look of the rpf1 but that doesnt mean I don't LOVE the way Raijins look on a 4th gen wagon. Those are my 2nd choice if I dont find volks.

On a side note I actually googled the whole ebay Russia federation thing and besides my thread being one of the only things popping up, the number one result brought back some interesting info. Apparently a couple people ordered from there and got what they were expecting.

Really?

I feel like RPF1's are THE most played out wheel when it comes to subaru and light weight wheel options but I guess its matter of opinion and obviously anyone is biased towards the one they like more. I was never a fan of the look of the rpf1 but that doesnt mean I don't LOVE the way Raijins look on a 4th gen wagon. Those are my 2nd choice if I dont find volks.

On a side note I actually googled the whole ebay Russia federation thing and besides my thread being one of the only things popping up, the number one result brought back some interesting info. Apparently a couple people ordered from there and got what they were expecting.

I realized at about the second I hit the submit reply button that the way I worded the last thing I wrote it may come off as sounding like the people got what they were expecting "meaning they got ripped off." I should have actually worded it "they got what they ordered." Have at me

I bought few parts from Russia and they all have arrived with no issues. Besides some Putin bashing here there is no reason to not buy parts from there as long as you stick with regular precautions about buying things online:

- check seller's feedback;

- make sure you are comfortable with shipping terms/times;

- make sure you are comfortable with payment terms;

- make sure your interests are protected.

I bought my parts from companies, not individuals. Shipping was prompt, and even though I did not always receive tracking number, parts were in US within 1-2 weeks. My HID brackets were here in 4 days. Shipping from Moscow is fast. All times I paid using PayPal. I would be extremely uncomfortable doing bank transfer, even within the country, let alone to a foreign country.

Russia has lots of JDM parts because lots of JDM cars/parts come through Far East but man, weigh your options. I wouldn't buy from the guy and I know Subaru club guys in Moscow who could check the guy out. It's just not worth the risk.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Bought a set of wheels off Ebay from Russia last year. 5zigen's. Seller had plenty of positive feedback.

When they arrived, one of the wheels was missing a pretty large chunk out of the lip that was repaired with what looked to be Bondo. They were advertised as "in good condition with no scratches, dents, or repairs". This was not visible in the pics and I had to fight with the seller to get my money back.

I sold the wheels locally (the buyer was made aware of the issue) and when he tried to mount a tire on the wheel, the "repair" sheered off like it was a clump of Elmer's glue.

You also run the risk of your shipment sitting in customs for months.

Good luck!

Last two posts are actually pretty awesome. Thanks for the experiences guys. I will definitely be holding off on the purchase although I would do it because there is actually protection through eBay if the auction is sold at the listing price but I may actually be leaning toward enkephalins raijins now, I just Love the look on a wagon.

Anyone have 18x8.5 raijins for sale, not in black!?

Holy s**t your'e right they have some nice wheels on their wheel/tire for sale threads. Im not a huge fan of the style of the re30 rims but the volk ze40 and bbs 875's are sick and I want them both. Although 2600 and 3100 is more than the 2200 I was wanting or more or less willing to pay.

Archived