LegacyGT.com

Apps??

Hello all,

I’ve recently purchased a 2015 Legacy Limited with the Harman/Kardon stereo. Quite happy with the car but one question. On the radio there is a button labeled “apps” I click it and it shows a few icons all of which are greyed out. I’ve tried plugging my iPhone in via usb and they still remained greyed out. How do I get these to actually do something? Is there some sort of additional peripheral needed on my iPhone to make them work? I do not have an owners manual with the car so forgive me if the question is answered in there!

Thanks!!

On the Android you first need to download Subaru Starlink App. Since you use iPhone you probably need to be connected by USB.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul![emoji2]

Edited by Yoda_One
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

So, I downloaded the STARLINK app for my iPhone and proceeded to plug it in via usb. The app closes by itself on my phone and the icons remain greyed out on the radio. Perhaps this could be a software update issue on the radio? Does anyone know what the most up-to-date software is for my cars stereo? I will try redownloading the starlink app after work and see if that solves anything.

• 3 years later...

I have the same car. The apps are horrid and I’m glad Subaru finally conceded that their home grown solution wasn’t as good as CarPlay/Android Auto.

There’s a trick to getting it to work, but it’s been so long I’ve forgotten what it was. To me, it’s simpler to just use voice commands on Siri.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

The apps are tricky to get working. When I finally got it working, I felt that the time and effort put in was a total waste. I understand the desire to utilize the app(s), but honestly I wouldn't recommend it unless you want to understand why everyone prefer AndroidAuto and CarPlay over practically anything else.

If memory serves me, my car preferred it when I connected directly via USB. Alongside that, it worked better on my older flagship device than the newer devices, but even then, it wasn't great. I can't advise against this enough. Connect to simple, standard Bluetooth to stream audio and make calls and call it a day.