LegacyGT.com

Constant Problems above 20,000KM

v0lume

I have had my JDM Leagcy GT-B for 8 month now. It has 28,000KM on the clock and I have not had to wash it once, because my friendly Subaru dealer does it for me every 4 weeks when its in being serviced or fixed.

1) 10,000KM Service

2) 20,000KM Service

3) ECU Stuttering - 23,000km - Warranty Claim

4) Rear Sway bar recall - 24,200KM - Warranty Claim

5) Centre Air vent Fell Apart - 25,500KM - Warranty Claim

6) New Disk Rotors and Pads - 26,500KM - Warranty Claim

7) New Tires - 27,000KM ($2,200.00 - F*#King Hell $$$$)

8) Bilstein Shocks Replacement - 29,735km - Warranty Claim

9) 30,000KM Service (In about 2 weeks)

Mine is a 5MT and the cause apparently is our bad fuel. I run the car on 98 octane so it shouldn't do it, but still does.
LOL.. I wish subaru would tell us where to get this mythical good fuel that's required to run our legacies.. Not even the 98 octance in Japan is good enough apparently.

Good observation and probably means that the stutter can be tuned out and if bad gas eliminates it, then as TDC Tuning stated messing with the timing, which is retarded with bad gas, Jon was able to tune it out. Good shtuff.
I keed I keeed

The tyres are the standard Brigstones that come on the car - 215/45/18. They are only designed for the 2004 Legacy onward so expensive to produce. They are $370USD each.

I am from New Zealand, so the tires are $550NZD each. I could put cheaper tyres on, but experts say the 04- Legacy chews the outer edge real quick. Apparently the sidewall is real stiff and reduces shoulder wear. I got 23,000 Miles out of one set, so I suppose $370USD each is ok if you look at it that way.

Yikes, I haven't heard that other tires get their outer edges 'chewed real quick' on the LGT. Can anyone comment? I've heard mostly negative things about our Bridgestone tires. 23,000 miles doesn't seem like a lot of use out of tires that cost that much, though that is certainly dependent on driving style. My Bridgestones have about 75% of their tread left at 22k miles. Unfortunately, I damaged one, necessitating a new set of tires, I'm going with Pirelli P Zero Nero's, which have gotten a lot of good feedback, and are cheaper than the OEM tires.

Archived