LegacyGT.com

Flex Fuel confusion

https://eflexfuel.com/en-us

I´m really confused as to how this could even exist granted that delicious tuning kit requires a full tune and all sorts of other modifications- could someone explain this?

I didn't really delve too much into it but looking at the installation instructions it comes with a wiring harness, flex fuel sensor, fuel lines, quick connectors, external temperature sensor and the "ECU". That tells me it intercepts the OEM input and changes it based on ethanol content. It only supports certain vehicles though and in my opinion is not meant to enhance performance.

Seems like it has a flex fuel sensor and then modifies the fuel injector signal appropriately to put in an adjusted amount that gives you the same results as your regular gas tune.

So it turns your car into a "FFV" vehicle -i.e. like our 15 Town and Country. It can run regular or E85, but same power for both.

This is for people who want to run E85 to be better for the environment or because it's cheaper locally. It doesn't give you any more power than your existing gas tune, which is why most people HERE want E85.

wow, a flex fuel conversion that’s more hack job than the delicious tuneing kit.

Looks like it literally is modifying the fuel injector signal. Not sure how it’s pulling this off as it seems sure to screw up injector phasing. Subarus target injector firing to end at a certain time relative to the valves closing, with the starting time being variable. This thing will extend the injector firing time based on the FF sensor, but will end spraying against closed valves.

The delicious kit, merpmod, or future Cobb support are all MUCH better options.

Archived