LegacyGT.com

Headrests

Ah got it, i think the best hting fo royu to do is find someone that has wrecked theirs and see if you can buy their headrests. Or maybe ebay, but that is a hard call.

Good luck, and post pics of when your project is done.

X

---

Wouldn't modifying the headrests effect the effiencey of the active headrests. Wouldn't more weight in the headrest prevent them from moving forward (or as fast) in the event of a rear end collision?

-S

I'd rather have whiplash and hatervision than no whiplash and no hatervision.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think Crutchfield sells em with the monitors already installed. Must be some third party company doing the work for them. I remember looking into them for my girlfriends old Escalade and it was around 300 a piece.

I think Crutchfield sells em with the monitors already installed. Must be some third party company doing the work for them. I remember looking into them for my girlfriends old Escalade and it was around 300 a piece.

Yeah I know but i looked at the black ones b/c i have the black leather and they are a real shinny black not the flat black that my seats are and the would look a little odd.

Aren't there issues with the headrests? Something about them springing forward in a crash?

I have never taken my seat apart but it appears to me that the tubes the headrest posts slide into go halfway down the seat. If you lean back in the seat and then wiggle the headrest, you will feel something poking you in the center of the back.

What I suspect in the event of a rear end collision, the force of your torso going backwards hits this magic pad which then pivots the headrest forward to meet your head as it is going backwards.

Sounds chintzy? Maybe but it is probably effective.

Archived