LegacyGT.com

2013 Radio Randomly Shutting off

CU_Begs

Hi Everyone-

First time post here. I did some searching but couldn't find what was looking for...

The radio in my 2013 Legacy randomly turns off while driving. I was driving along, about a week ago, and all of a sudden my radio went dead...then about 30 seconds later came back on. It was almost like it reset while I was driving. Didn't think much of it until it happened again, yesterday, on my way home from work. This time it stayed off for about 10 min till i got home, shut the car off, then turned it back on and the radio came on. This morning I drove to work with a radio and no issues at all. What the heck is the deal? hahaha

Would love some input.

Thanks everyone!

Sounds like a loose connection within the power supply circuit. This can be tricky to trace down if you are unfamiliar with electrical. There are two power supply wires to the radio. One is 12v+ all the time, the other is switched with the key. One is for retaining memory and the other is for turning the radio on and off. So ask yourself the question, when this happens, do I lose memory to the radio or does it just go off and on. That will tell you what side to start looking at. It could be a fuse that is not mating up in the holder good any more. Could be the wiring at one of the fuse panels. Could be a broken solder joint inside the radio itself or possibly even your ignition switch going out if other accessories are having issues too. Those are some starting points.

Archived