LegacyGT.com

Got my wife a new car....

http://www.mrtruck.net/06explorer.jpg

Just picked it up today. Got the v8 with the 6 speed. Nice truck. We drove everything in its class. Not only was it a great deal but it also drove the best. Much better interior then last year and the engine is quite nice. http://www.cartest.ca/5ce5ce80.jpg

Nice looking, my wife loves her Explorer.

Keep a lookout for these. ABS light stays on (rear abs sensor), check engine light(PCV control sensor), spots all over the F'n garage (leaking rear diff)

My buddy is a ford mechanic and according to him these are the most fixed issues in the 02+ Explorers.

Ours should now be perfect, its had all three problems, and some more than once. All of the issues with ours started at 38,000 miles, 4 months after the warranty .:icon_sad:

I would have gotten the Tribeca but my wife thinks it looks horrible. The FX35 was our runner up - expensive and drives like a high up 350z (beats you up on crappy PA roads)

6 speed auto. My wife only drives 10 miles round trip to work. Her trip can be really crappy in bad weather since they don't plow the roads real quickly. She wanted to be up high. I grabbed it for a 2 year lease (really cheap) so I wasn't too concerned with long term reliability. The '06 drives very carlike and it quite a bit quieter than most cars. It only needs 87 octane which is a little bit of a plus. I have some gas stock also so i'm getting some return on investment!

We take the GT for longer drives since I am getting 26 mpg highway.

We have been fortunate and lucky.. we are only 24 and have such nice cars.

I'm dig'n it! If I was married (fat chance...not by choice either).... I wouldn't mind my lady driving it! Or me for that matter!

How's Ford been doing with production quality? On an engineering level anyway?

I haven't really been keeping up on it since I moved to Honda... then to Subaru.

I used to own an F-150 which was a good mule... but still had it's problems. THEN... I heard several horror stories from co-workers & odd people around town about mechanical problems.

Has Ford brought back some engineering reliability to their vehicles?

I know Chevy has no chance of recovery! :rofl:

It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

Archived