LegacyGT.com

Stereo options and a little more

So I have a 2008 spec b and I want to get a new head unit. I want to wire in a sub basically but i can't justify putting a sub in the car running the factory head unit. So far the only options I can only find to replace the head unit and actually look okay is to import parts from Japan and get the trim bezel that was made for the double din touch screens. First question regarding the stereo is I was curious if there was any other options? Second question, if not what's a good reliable place I could buy that trim for a good price and make sure it actually fits.

As for the second part, right above the si-knob there's a little badge that says si-drive. The older spec b's would instead have a little badge saying what number out of 500 that car was, like #13/500 for example. I have the capabilities and machinery required to make a brushed aluminum badge and wanted to do something similar to kinda show how rare the spec b's are. Is there any way to find out what number my car was in the line of spec b's produced that year based off the vin?

The JDM double din is by far your best option for after market stereo. Some people get away with a JBL Clean Sweep but the double din is for sure the way to go.

As for the tag. Just make up a number. Here is thread with total production numbers for 08-09 Spec Bs.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2007-2009-spec-b-production-numbers-259183.html

Archived