LegacyGT.com

Engine idle a bit off with a.c. running

Idle never burps with no ac running. With the ac running, sitting at a traffic light, now and then there can be some engine burps.

With 37,000 miles on the odo I can't imagine any issues with sensors or MAF, etc. It isn't a big issue but just not a perfect idle. I just had the ecm updated, there are no updated in waiting so it can't be an update issue.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

It actually can. Idle stability and throttle position sensor range must be re-learned after ECU update or reset.

You can also adjust your idle RPM target and cold/warm/hot start RPM drop off profiles in the tune without changing anythig else if you desire.

Read up on the ECU reset TPS and idle re-learn procedure. Its easy.

And at 38K, give that MAF a good cleaning.

It actually can. Idle stability and throttle position sensor range must be re-learned after ECU update or reset.

You can also adjust your idle RPM target and cold/warm/hot start RPM drop off profiles in the tune without changing anythig else if you desire.

Read up on the ECU reset TPS and idle re-learn procedure. Its easy.

And at 38K, give that MAF a good cleaning.

I guess it is time to pull out the can of MAF cleaner.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

the AC is not the issue, it is literally on all the time. 2013+ legacies/outback use a clutch-less design that has a variable geometry (displacement) compressor. capacity varies anywhere from 2% to 100% and it is all computer controlled.

If your car is not idling right, connect a data logger to it and see what the sensors are telling you.

Could do that but it doesn't always do it but when it does do it, the AC is under load.

For kicks and giggles I cleaned the MAF today. Why? Because it is easy and for a just in case scenario that it has a slight bit of dirt and isn't metering correctly at idle with the AC under load.

the AC is not the issue, it is literally on all the time. 2013+ legacies/outback use a clutch-less design that has a variable geometry (displacement) compressor. capacity varies anywhere from 2% to 100% and it is all computer controlled.

If your car is not idling right, connect a data logger to it and see what the sensors are telling you.

if your MAF is not metering correctly, engine load is irrelevant as it is measuring airflow past the sensor.

idle warm and no load should be 2.3 to 2.6 grams a second... if you are in the 4 to 5 range, replace your sensor.

My Idle w/Full Auto on, in park, will go to 900rpm after a minute or so...

I can get it to drop 650 or so by taking it off 'Full Auto' by decreasing Fan Speed one notch...

Normal?

I guess I need to hook up my meter and do some data recording. Ha! My wife never noticed but me....I get anal over such stuff. Aiming for perfection. :spin:

QUOTE=YeuEmMaiMai;5814543]if your MAF is not metering correctly, engine load is irrelevant as it is measuring airflow past the sensor.

idle warm and no load should be 2.3 to 2.6 grams a second... if you are in the 4 to 5 range, replace your sensor.

Archived