LegacyGT.com

Will I ever take my car someplace and get it back in correct order

Today I went to the dealers recondition center to have a dent pulled. It was part of the sales deal.

The guy did a good job of removing the dent. But when I got home, opened the passengers door I see an open hole. It is the hole in the side where he was sticking his tool through.

So I call him and say shouldn't a grommet be in that hole. Answer is yes.

So I am half an hour from the recon shop. Why oh why oh why can't I get my car back from a shop in the same condition as it was when it arrived.

One time I had an XJ6 nose sprayed. Went to pick it up and within a very short distance the engine started to sputter. Pulled in a driveway of someone I knew because I had an idea of what he did.

The flat head 6 on the car had deep wells where the spark plugs resided. I pulled on boot and yep ---- well was full of water. He probably took a hose and sprayed the engine to remove dust from the shop. Just one of many examples.

At least the dent guy did a good job at removing the dent. :)

Yep!

Today I went to the dealers recondition center to have a dent pulled. It was part of the sales deal.

The guy did a good job of removing the dent. But when I got home, opened the passengers door I see an open hole. It is the hole in the side where he was sticking his tool through.

So I call him and say shouldn't a grommet be in that hole. Answer is yes.

So I am half an hour from the recon shop. Why oh why oh why can't I get my car back from a shop in the same condition as it was when it arrived.

One time I had an XJ6 nose sprayed. Went to pick it up and within a very short distance the engine started to sputter. Pulled in a driveway of someone I knew because I had an idea of what he did.

The flat head 6 on the car had deep wells where the spark plugs resided. I pulled on boot and yep ---- well was full of water. He probably took a hose and sprayed the engine to remove dust from the shop. Just one of many examples.

At least the dent guy did a good job at removing the dent. :)

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Did you just agree with your own thread!? :p

I’ve had issues like this.

After body work, I once found a door trim piece screwed in (ie, they tried to cover it up)! It wasn't even fully screwed in, which why it was so obvious. I was able to rug the screw and the trim piece fell right off. :lol:

I've had a windshield replaced and the guy must have used a jack hammer to removed old sealant, the surrounding trim was so chewed up!

One car should have been totaled, but the body shop quoted much less than the damage that required fixing. That's not even including the DOZENS of issues I found immediately (refused it the first two times). Made trips back over the next year, trying to rectify additional, missed issues AND their screw ups. Ended up dumping the car.

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Did you just agree with your own thread!? [emoji14]

I’ve had issues like this.

After body work, I once found a door trim piece screwed in (ie, they tried to cover it up)! It wasn't even fully screwed in, which why it was so obvious. I was able to rug the screw and the trim piece fell right off. [emoji38]

I've had a windshield replaced and the guy must have used a jack hammer to removed old sealant, the surrounding trim was so chewed up!

One car should have been totaled, but the body shop quoted much less than the damage that required fixing. That's not even including the DOZENS of issues I found immediately (refused it the first two times). Made trips back over the next year, trying to rectify additional, missed issues AND their screw ups. Ended up dumping the car.

There is a lot of incompetence out there

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Archived