LegacyGT.com

EJ20T fit in my 2001

cbroo

I was at the junkyard a few days ago and they had three wrecked WRX's with perfectly good engines. I thought maybe a WRX engine would fit. Yes/No? cause after the winter I'm thinking of maybe upgrading to a bigger engine EJ20T, or I could import a EJ20TT. But the TT wouldnt fitso any thoughts?

cbro - based on the USDM BE/BH chassis, you won't be able to fit the EJ205 or any factory turbo'd motor in there without a custom cross-member. (The exhaust manifold etc will not clear the factory x-member). The TT set-up is due to a very specific x-member used on the JDM/UKDM/EDM models. The second turbo gets in the way of the steering column on LHD cars.

dont know the guy said depending on mileage of engines from 3500-7500$. Thats not the set up though, probably near 10g's to do a full swap and all other things included.

what???? for a an engine out of a wrecked WRX? that ludacris!! and 10k for a complete swap? all hell no!

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

what???? for a an engine out of a wrecked WRX? that ludacris!! and 10k for a complete swap? all hell no!
Yea, the shop I talked to(which theres only a few in Colorado that work with Subarus) said to do everything will end around 8500-10000, yea I was in shock, I'm not final on this but I'm checking still to see the prices and how it will work and what not

Archived