LegacyGT.com

5EAT stalling out when put in gear

OhFaza

7/7/18

I've got an 08 LGT with roughly 140K. I got a check engine light about a week ago with the code P0741 (Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Performance or Stuck Off). I checked my ATF and it was full but dirty. Then today it would start fine then once I put the car into reverse or park the car would stall out even with giving the car some gas.

Any help on figuring this out would be greatly appreciated!

8/7/18

Had the fluid flushed at my local dealership. seemed to have fixed the issue of stalling out for the last 3ish weeks. My CEL is still on with the same code as before. with the short drive I have to work I don't notice any problem. Went on an extended drive the other night and about 15-20 minutes in my AT Oil Temp light and ABS light came on. Car did not act any differently and drove as it should. Anybody else have another idea of what could be going wrong?

Reset the TCU by pulling the battery and/or using RomRaider's logger, then try to perform at least part of the SSM re-learn procedure.

Arm yourself with BtSSM and monitor your various VB Solenoid DCs, see how the Turbine and Impeller RPMs correlate (or not) with engine RPM - especially in 4th gear.

Lock-up clutch seems to be going.

With so many miles on the clock, and potentially no drain-n-fills during that period, it might be too late to start a drain-n-fill regiment now. Doing one or two drain-n-fills can either outright help, mask the issue or cause more problems (if any debris that's in the system dislodges and moves somewhere else, clogs something as the fresh fluid washes it out).

attachment.php?attachmentid=266777&d=1531058738.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived