LegacyGT.com

Sour running 2.5

30,000 miles and the guy that did actually did it twice because he supposedly had it a tooth off on install. So I wouldnt be surprised if he screwed it up or did replace all the parts he should have. Doing the initial test, it looks a tooth off. However I need to see where the crank gear is before I can know for sure

This might seem silly, but you said it broke down initially during a heavy rainstorm?

My 06 had a busted TMIC and before it "popped" the only sign was a very rough idle while going through a car wash. A bad enough Vac leak there could have caused it to die and cause any sort of weird anomalies.

Another part of the Evap system is the fuel cap itself. If its broken shut, I believe* it could vapor lock your tank.....but I'm just guessing here honestly. It's a 6$ or so insurance that I always change when I have fueling issues.

This might seem silly, but you said it broke down initially during a heavy rainstorm?

My 06 had a busted TMIC and before it "popped" the only sign was a very rough idle while going through a car wash. A bad enough Vac leak there could have caused it to die and cause any sort of weird anomalies.

Another part of the Evap system is the fuel cap itself. If its broken shut, I believe* it could vapor lock your tank.....but I'm just guessing here honestly. It's a 6$ or so insurance that I always change when I have fueling issues.

This isnt turbo. Just a 2.5 automatic. Im going to pull the downflow O2 sensors and do a temp reading on the cats. See if they are plugged. The fact that the intake system is full of black crud ,tells me its loading up..

Just out of curiosity, does your car look like mine underneath? Which cat(s) were replaced? The one outlined in green, or the ones outlined in red?

https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4435544&postcount=6

I've also heard that some earlier models, I think some of the 2005 NA's have two pipes going to the back of the car from each bank. That setup looks completely different from mine.

I think you're on the right track with looking into the cats more. Maybe even trying a pressure test somehow. That's over my head, but I hear it's more reliable than going off temps.

cats.thumb.jpg.b502cf6f443a4a9f91d0e6f17b676775.jpg

I did a pressure test and it came back around 5lbs.. According to my tester, its saying large intake vacuum leak or improper valve timing.

It seems an exhaust plug would show more vacuum than what I have.

Im wondering if I have multiple issues. Car wont stay running which im wondering is a fuel pressure regulator. I didnt check post regulator on a fuel rail. All I know is when I check inbound psi with turning the key on, fuel pressure only lasts while pump runs. After it shuts off, psi drops to 0..

Cats, I have 3. I believe this was recalled when it was new and the seperate pipes were put on. The right one has the heat shield off , not sure if that was the one most recently replaced or the 3rd one.

Archived