LegacyGT.com

Options/ideas for grill mesh

I did a little searching and found Grillcraft for grill mesh options, but not a ton aside from that.

I'm looking for something to cover the lower grill mesh. I noticed it has a couple of tears in it and it looks a little funky.

Has anyone come up with a decent DIY for the mesh or another option over the Grillcraft? I like how the Grillcraft piece fits a little more flush to the outside of the bumper. Although, I know the DIY version would be easiest to put a flat piece on the back of the bumper and be done.

What have you guys done and what type of materials have been used?

I guess eventually I will match the grill, but for now it will just be the lower grill mesh.

I have the lower Grillcraft on order to arrive in the next few days. I can take some pictures for you if you'd like.

I'm going with that option because I'd like to hide/protect my FMIC and hopefully add some stiffness to my bumper since it had to be trimmed.

I'm not sure yet. I'll test fit it and decide. I'm hoping for more of a sleeper look than my FMIC is currently. I would be happy if I can pop the Grillecraft emblem off. If not I'll probably cover it with an STI emblem.

Also I may have slightly bumped up against a parking stop that I didn't see and my front bumper may be broken in a couple of places and it may be flopping around like a wet noodle atm.

Amazon says it'll be delivered between the 20th and 25th. New bumper the week I get the grille.

At least on the lower grillcraft you can remove the emblem and it looks great.

My recommendation if I could do it over, just take off the bumper so you can get the exact fitment you want. It takes literally 15 minutes to take of the front bumper. I installed with front bumper in place and the fitment is good but not exactly how I'd like it.

A5F9iKs.jpg

C-mod grill. google it.

Nice, plug and play!

One thing I noticed with these and the OE mesh grill is that most of the aftermarket grills are flat while the OE mesh is not flat, it has a slightly raised middle portion as it follows the countour of the hood.

Not really seen from afar but it's a nice detail.

Here are some pictures: https://imgur.com/a/KdEgBcG I couldn't get them to upload onto the forum for some reason but Imgur works I guess.

Flush mount is really the only option. In my pictures, I set the grill in and pushed it back a little until it was snug and would not fall out when I let go.

I will be replacing the bumper skin, so I'm not going to bother installing it in this bumper. I'm a little undecided about whether it hides the intercooler enough for me, I may end up painting it black.

Also, mine didn't have the Grillcraft emblem on it, so no worries there.

It looks great on the car, I like the pattern.

I see what you mean about it not hiding the intercooler much. I think the black would look good and make it look more like a shadow down there. I guess it would look a bit more like the engine grill too.

Archived