LegacyGT.com

Stage 2 Upgrades

I am looking for some advice (and maybe some enablement).

I installed the Invidia N1 exhaust a few months ago, and now I am looking to add a downpipe and do some other Stage 2 upgrades and get a tune.

I can't get e85 in Utah, so I am stuck with 91 octane for now... That being said, here is my wish list/ shopping list:

32736386_10216743015906384_4729808064427851776_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=bc9c7b3ff07fd98df9dfd9e988073411&oe=5B9B5FC9

And now my questions for you guys:

Do I really need to upgrade my injectors and fuel pump if I am only running 91 octane? If so, which of these fuel pumps would be the best... and what size injectors would you recommend?

At what point would I max out my stock injectors and stock fuel pump on 91 octane?

What other modifications would you suggest, or what would be the best use of the money I am about to throw at my Subaru?

P. S. It is my dream someday to install a larger turbo and a FMIC, so I can be big baller like the rest of you guys (or as big baller as I can be on pump gas...)

Thank you in advance for your advice/suggestions/criticisms

This thread has lots of good info and should answer your questions: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/5th-gen-gt-power-roadblocks-and-solutions-259192.html

Do I really need to upgrade my injectors and fuel pump if I am only running 91 octane? If so, which of these fuel pumps would be the best... and what size injectors would you recommend?

Nope, you should be fine on stock fuel system for stage 2 on 91. I am.

At what point would I max out my stock injectors and stock fuel pump on 91 octane? I believe you should be good unless you go farther than I have (downpipe, FMIC, custom tune) check out the link above for more info.

What other modifications would you suggest, or what would be the best use of the money I am about to throw at my Subaru?

I'm not sure that TGVs would make a difference, so maybe leave those off untill you go past stage 2. Custom tune = best bang for your buck any day. Get a bypass valve, the stock one leaks pretty significantly. Front sway bar would be a good addition, as would the Perrin shifter bushing and shirt shift adapter. Next up after that might be an upgraded TMIC or an FMIC... but then you get into upgraded turbo and cams et cetra...

Archived