LegacyGT.com

2010 non turbo ej25 cylinder head torque sequence

Hello everyone,

So I’m in the process of doing the headgaskets on my ej25 and I am super worried that I just torqued the first head down wrong. I downloaded a service manual (don’t remember the source) and I’ll post the pic but I really think the diagram is wrong. It tells me to torque outside in. Never in my life have I done it that way and this is far from my first engine build. I’ve been told doing that doing it that way could warp the head. I watched a couple YouTube vids of older ej Head gaskets procedures and saw them not only torque inside out but they also torqued the middle bolts more than the outers. Holpefully some has been through this before and can tell me if I’m doing it right or wrong. As far as the extra torque on the final two bolts I did not do it because that’s when I felt something might be wrong. All of my bolts are torqued in the abc... order to 90+45 degrees. I did not extra torque bolts a and b because to me it makes no sense to extra torque outer bolts. Please help!!!

• 4 months later...

No hands-on experience with the non-turbo motors, but for the turbo EJ25X series that is the REMOVAL sequence. Install goes from the centre out.

I wonder if you scroll to the next page you might find another diagram with the torque INSTALL sequence. On the turbo pages, they have a different diagram for removal vs install, but at least they are on the same page. Kind of an unfortunate layout, in my opinion.

EDIT: just noticed the date on your first post. Hope you sorted this out!

Archived