LegacyGT.com

Instead of Koni....

GearJamr

So, I purchased some Swift springs from another member which arrived today. I was going to go with Koni struts but the front struts are just the insert, which aside from being a giant PITA compared to a direct swap, would be fine. What I don't like is my current struts (assuming OE) are pretty rusted and I'd be FAR more comfortable with a new assembly.

What I would like to know is if anyone has a recommendation for another strut maker that would provide similar performance and ease of adjustability as Koni, like KYB, Bilstein or others.

TIA.

Skip the KYB's. Bilstein or Koni are the only options worth looking at.

Swift springs are pretty low, so on the Bilstein side you may want to look at the B8's. They aren't adjustable

What most people do with Konis is buy another extremely used front strut set, gut and clean them, and then pre-install the konis. If you buy new strut tops (KYB are fine) and hardware (dealer), you can pre-build the whole assemblies making the swap faster.

Keep in mind for the Bilstiens you need the Spec B top hats. I believe Swifts were designed for use with the Bilstein style strut and top hat as well.

This is true which is why some people complain that the front height of the Swift springs is too low when they're paired with non-Spec B suspension.

I'm looking at sourcing some used struts in good shape so I can but the Konis and install them then swap into the car. Essentially what I am hearing is the Spec.B tops are a must with the Swift Springs? Or just for the Bilstein struts?

I'm looking at sourcing some used struts in good shape so I can but the Konis and install them then swap into the car. Essentially what I am hearing is the Spec.B tops are a must with the Swift Springs? Or just for the Bilstein struts?

Spec B top hats aren't a must for the Swift springs but you will be slightly lower in the front from the advertised heights that Swift states if you use the normal Legacy GT top hats. I believe the Spec B top hats are a must if you decide to go with Bilstein struts

Archived