LegacyGT.com

Odd misfire

Im fairly certain i know the answer to this already but not knowing these cars like i did with GM i wanted another few opinions.

Ive been having issues with the car misfiring from 1k-1800k rmp when the car is warm on cyl 2 and 4. Ive also received codes for bank 2 over timing and the common 'turbo failure codes' (TURBO IS FINE AND HAS BEEN CHECKED REGULARLY). banjo filters have been cleaned and hot oil flush been done by dealer. Im thinking its an issue with the OCV on that bank but not 100% sure. i am able to get live data if someone would like to look.

Thanks for the suggestions

If you swap the OCVs and the problems don't follow, then it's time to look deeper. Inspect & clean carefully when you pull them. Sometimes a little screen gets carried downstream into one of them and causes these problems.

• 2 weeks later...
swapped the OCV and low and behold the problem followed. the funny thing is the one thats still working actually fell apart when i removed it but i was able to get it back together. looks like im getting 2. whats a good brand for these? i was thinking of intermotor

ordered the new parts and should hopefully be here at the end of next week. bought 2 since the one that was still working fell apart. well after a few days of driving i got some codes that are back consistently now. p0021 and p0304. im assuming these are connected to the solenoids being bad. car runs amazingly when the check engine light is on. im going to check the banjo bolts tonight just to make sure those are ok but would it be safe to run for a week to and from work? its 30min expressway

well im calling this fixed. no errors and runs smoother than when i bought it. Just an fyi, if it falls apart when you pull it out. just replace it. dont even bother to try to reuse it

Archived