LegacyGT.com

Concerns with silver showing up

Last two Blackstone reports are showing silver on my 09 spec.b with less than 90k miles. Also concerned there might be a slight knock when warmed up. The motor has never consumed any oil, compression/ leakdown numbers healthy and runs strong on stage 3 with nothing abnormal in logs. Running original brotella formula changed less than 3k intervals.

Here is the latest Blackstone showing consistent silver levels and video of both cold and warm engine. It’s due for timing belt and not sure if I should be planning for ynasb instead.

3261ba559f33c0790b3e677329991957.jpg

https://youtu.be/aVz7xzM4o_s

I wouldn't worry specifically about the silver content, more about the manganese and magnesium.

I can't really tell where the silver should come from, it could even be an oil additive at those low levels.

It's hard to tell what the knock is without actually hearing it. What viscosity do you use? It might be a good idea to increase the viscosity of the oil a bit, going for a 5W40 instead of a 5W30 if you can. A thicker oil will fill in the increased gaps that slight wear has caused on an engine of that age.

453747.png

It's hard to tell what the knock is without actually hearing it. What viscosity do you use? It might be a good idea to increase the viscosity of the oil a bit, going for a 5W40 instead of a 5W30 if you can. A thicker oil will fill in the increased gaps that slight wear has caused on an engine of that age.

Running rotella T6 5W40.

I'm currently at 9 ppm on lead and my engine only has 10,500 miles. In my opinion, if you were truly experiencing rod knock, I would expect your lead levels to be higher. I'd like to note than in my case there is no rod knock, audible or otherwise.

Archived