LegacyGT.com

AF learning A postive numbers after AP tune

Car is an 05 automatic. Running stage 1 93 OTS tune. I originally had a tip in hesitation while range A was around 8. B C and D ranges were around negative 8-9. Cleaned the MAF and repaired a boost leak at the blow off valve that was missing the gasket thanks previous owner lol. Now B C and D ranges all +-2. A range still around 8-9 positive will drop slightly after drive. Have smoke tested again with no leaks found. Smoke test is how I found gasket missing. Fuel pressures are 36 and 46 with vac line removed. MAF reading at idle is around 3.6 g/s. The hesitation is now gone but was just curious about the A range number I know they are not terrible just would like to see them all a little closer. Only mod is catless up pipe. Any other thoughts on why that might be higher. Just the tune?? I smoke checked it again tonight with no signs of a leak anywhere. Thanks for any help I know long first post. I am new to AP and tuming cars in general.

Sounds like you've done all the right things, and those numbers aren't bad. You'd benefit from an e-tune, but if you decide to do that, first decide if you want to stay stage 1 or get a downpipe and go stage 2.

Turbo feed banjo filter is out, right?

Yes banjo filters out on both my cars. I am just playing with the AP trying to get the ins and outs of it. I will be transferring it over to my 06 LGT limited model that is a 5mt. 06 has a catless down and up pipe. Thinking about putting vf52 on it at some point. Is there a good thread on here with some etuners that would be willing to help. I did a little searching but I must be missing something?

Thank you I didn’t know where to start with the e tune stuff. I am assuming they just send you the tune and you load it onto your AP? This is another random question is there a way to use the gauges mode on the AP with the stock tune? I can only get the stock tune back on when I uninstall the AP correct?

Archived