LegacyGT.com

Electric cars anyone?

Has anyone here jumped from a Legacy to an electric car? How has it changed your relationship with cars?

Nothing can really replace the visceral joy we get from a well setup Subaru but there can serene joy in driving an electric car, no? What do y'all think?

On the positive side with an electric car - your fuel bill goes way down.

The bad side - operational range is not as good and it takes time to stop and fill up.

Considering that engines seems to be something that goes now and then on LGTs - what about an electrically powered LGT? There are kits to buy for a conversion.

453747.png

The bad side - operational range is not as good and it takes time to stop and fill up.

One of my electric-car-driving friends tells me that this is almost a non-issue because of overnight charging at home.

Even if you only get 200 miles on a full charge, that's rarely an issue because every single day begins with a full charge. If you look at it as "miles per day" it's not bad at all. I'd still want a gas car for some trips, but electric would work 9 days out of 10.

seen a couple news articles in the past week stating subaru trademarked

"evoltis" as a name. but is not saying why when asked.

so that means a single car, or a group of cars.

SOA boss confirmed they were going to sell some plugin hybrid by the end of calendar 2018 at the NY autoshow debut of the Forester a few weeks back.

That was going to be my next question. Who has even considered EV converting a Legacy?

Like this Electric Subbie conversion:

http://www.electricsubaru.com/

search it up, problem from the start with dumping $10,000 -20,000 worth of electric power into a 2006 impreza sedan = too small.

vs. say a outback wagon or a forester, or a legacy sedan maintaining the trunk.

old impreza sedans, = no utility for "stuff", like a weeks worth of groceries, when you got a kid parked in the back seat,...if they did that for looking for a ultralight, I would take a bigger car with one more battery instead of driving with my foot on the wheel well.

but at least they kept the AWD.

choice for yanking that system out of that car, and putting it in another

would be a 2013-14 manual legacy/outuback with a FB25B in it that crapped the bed and is out of warranty.

Archived