LegacyGT.com

Blue Calipers

Johnle

Having my Break Calipers painted by Subaru Annapolis as we speak, can not wait for work to end so I can see the results, they are going to be Light Blue in color hopefully to match my paint which is also Blue

will let you know how it goes.

:icon_cry:

The cost is $120 (3 hours) for the work and $40 for the paint They have found an Enamel paint from a German company which is a very close match to Atlantic Blue but not exact, I will post some pictures hopefully tomorrow.

I have a good relationship with the Service Manager who is doing the work himself. He also did the Cobb upgrades for me so I am still in warrenty, I recomend to all of you get a good relationship going with the service dept in your dealer it can save you much hassle in the future

Guest *Jedimaster*
99Wow you guys all got ripped off, can of flat black block paint is 4.99, that covered all four calipers and rotor centers. Theres still more to do my friend's rex too;) .

The d00d with the blue rex who smokes eleventy cigs a day? Or maybe it's Napoleon Dynamite?

My rotors rusted, so I sanded them and painted them with Rustoleum. I let the car sit overnight so everything would dry real good. This morning the car wouldn't move!

To make things worse, I can't get the lug nuts off now.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/3520/brembo9uu.jpg

I knew I should have had the dealer do this for me. Now I may have voided my warranty. Any suggestions?

Guest *Jedimaster*
My rotors rusted, so I sanded them and painted them with Rustoleum. I let the car sit overnight so everything would dry real good. This morning the car wouldn't move!

To make things worse, I can't get the lug nuts off now.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/3520/brembo9uu.jpg

I knew I should have had the dealer do this for me. Now I may have voided my warranty. Any suggestions?

You can probably use the old tie a chain around the caliper and the other end to a tree method- just back up slowly.

mele63 -

Not sure if you're joking or not - but if not....see those two threaded holes? Match a properly threaded set of high-grade bolts with them, and screw-in towards the hub -- as those bolts go "in," they'll cause the rotor to pop "out."

Did you just paint the rotor hat or actually the entire rotor - including the "disc" part?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 1 month later...

PAINTED YOUR ROTOR ??? :lol:

My side is hurting right now from laughing....

Painting my Calipers right now Black with silver Lettering -

Front and Back....Post Pictures Later Today !!!

'05 Legacy GT LTD - Ob Black Pearl

'05 Forester XT Turbo - Champagne Gold

:munch: Drink More Vodka & Eat More Cashews !

PAINTED YOUR ROTOR ??? :lol:

My side is hurting right now from laughing....

Painting my Calipers right now Black with silver Lettering -

Front and Back....Post Pictures Later Today !!!

'05 Legacy GT LTD - Ob Black Pearl

'05 Forester XT Turbo - Champagne Gold

:munch: Drink More Vodka & Eat More Cashews !

Well, I guess if you have to say "it was a joke," then the joke failed miserably.......but it was a joke.

PROOF: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15767

The OP of this thread paid the dealer $160.00 to paint his calipers and I thought it was funny.

Here you go ....3.5 Hours ....a $4.99 can of 500 Temp Gloss Black...and $7.99 in Caliper Decals....The GT I did myself....I'll do anyone's for $125.00 That is $35.00 off retail...:lol:

Check them out !!!!

1892071803_RightFronCaliper.JPG.c64d7f3c7cd59d1fc743ae45246b0156.JPG

1927335904_RightRearCaliper.JPG.6bd6096ba744e6b0e2e761a8be71fb69.JPG

1971513186_LeftFrontCAliper.JPG.7ca4113102f2777dd156ae30b426c6fb.JPG

380295627_LeftRearCaliper.JPG.a60572d47d849d118acb3d76effff742.JPG

Archived