LegacyGT.com

Transfer Clutch Solenoid location????

Been doing some research but im majorly confused about it. I see tons of stuff about dropping the trans and pulling it apart to replace this but i also see some stuff about its just inside the trans oil pan. Is this a depends on year kinda thing? Im almost 100% sure my 07 forester needs one and i think my 08 leggy is about to too.

After reading through the service manual I'm confused two, I see a high clutch and a low clutch. What symptoms do you have that make you think the solenoid is bad in both cars?

Something New but Looks Familiar

http://www.atra.com › Gears

*EDIT* the full link wont work so i removed it. Just copy past all that on google it will show up ^^

Idk if thats going to work cuz its not an actual webpage but a PDF download about how they changed the 4eat in 2004 or 5. The TCS is now inside the oil pan it used to not be thats why theres mixed info out there. Also you have a 5MT i see so maybe its different idk.

As far as needing to replace them im more or less just prepping myself for worst case.

On the forester theres ALOT of bind and wheel slip when turning at slow speeds. Yes it has TERRIBLE tires so fingers crossed thats the problem.

My leggy gets some significant bind when turning at just about full lock at slow speed most noticeable when backing out of parking spot and also the colder it is the more it does it. BUT if i put it in 2nd it doesnt do it at all. Going to drain and fill the diffs on both cars using synthetic then start doing drain and fills on the trannys also synthetic. I really dont wanna have to replace the TCS but im my search i did come across a company where you can get a plug and play TCS without have to buy a new valve body and all that like subie makes you

Archived