LegacyGT.com

Speed Chip!!!

whampa65

There must be a bunch of teenagers who post on this site. I didn't realize there were so many assholes driving Subarus. This forum is a joke. It's just a bunch of smartasses trying to piss people off with there junvenile comments.

This is getting a little too NASIOC: continuous ragging on something poorly phrased; lets remain somewhat courtious.

a statement so true...and yet it comes from a n00b.....i guess nasioc is back up so we can be decent here and take out our rage against jackass threads there, lol

Lets not generalize all suby drivers; there are just some who take a joke a beat it with a stick, not knowing when it got old.

To refer back to your original question, Cobb Accesport adjusts the factory chip. Some swear by it, others view it as a dissapointment.

in the words of chappelle....fuck you son

we joke around here because its a forum and jokes against stupid noob threads are expected....if you actually know what a forum is, and registered, and managed to post...then you better know enuff not to post a retarded thread about 'speed chips' when a simple search or any knowledge of subarus at all would point you in the direction you want

Ok fine I'll bite

This is what he means:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-Forester-Outback-Legacy-Power-Speed-Chip-Module_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33597QQitemZ8011246359QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://i4.ebayimg.com/02/i/05/4e/b5/4a_1_b.JPG

And it is just a way for people to take your money. That is the only "chip" that I know of, and they sell the same one for every model of car out there. It is just a resistor inside that makes the ECU think that the air is colder than what is is, and supposedly retards or advances timing not sure what it is, and it is supposed to make your car faster.

Why has this post gotten this type of response? I guess because if the original poster would have taken just a few minutes to explore the forums, or any google search he would have found out two things:

1) That ebay chip is a POS and it won't show any gains at all.

2) There is a true and tried way to gain performance and that is through a custom tune be it trough COBB's AP or other means, but it just costs money.

So is that better?

X

---

noob based on post count, perhaps true. But I have been following the site so quite sometime; seeing that I am part of a subaru family that has owned 5 legacys dating back to '97 and I choose not to waste my time making posts which are not worthwhile.

Hey, even though I made fun at first, I think I gave a throughout explanation of what he is talking about, and why it sucks. I guess it just depends on the experience someone has with forums, but I find this site to have lots of information that is very well organized. It did not take me long to find out about the AP, and I guess if he wants a good answer, he should have been more detailed with his question.

X

---

Archived