LegacyGT.com

New Outback XT Delivered

Hi everyone - great forum, Just picked up my new Outback XT in Obsidian Black. My previous vehicle was a Jeep Grand Cherokee. The Outback is much more civilized. So far this is a very impressive vehicle. Have quick shift, and WRX pedals on order. Will be looking for other mods such as after market leather. (Being 6' 3" the moonroof was a problem), Accessport and maybe some suspension mods. I will wait and see on the tires. I really haven't been able to push too hard until I get the break in period out of the way. The last Subaru I owned was in 1992. It was a new Legacy Turbo in the UK that was tweaked upto 250hp, lowered and fitted with Recaro seats by a then small up and coming tuning operation called Prodrive who had just started running a Legacy in the WRC (in 1990). 1992 the year Ari Vatanan and Colin McRae joined Subaru. It wasn't until 1993 that they won anything - Anyway I digress.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I know what you mean- it is fast as hell. One thing I noticed is that you don't "feel" the power as much as in other cars. What I mean is that the car is comfortable and takes most of the shock of acceleration away, if that makes any sense. But when you look at the speedo and see the cars in the rearview mirror getting smaller and smaller, you know it's a beast.

Archived