LegacyGT.com

4th gen nav to android auto headunit conversion.

Hi guys,

this topic made me sign up to this forum.

Best forum I could find on the www.

Anyway, I have a few questions to this project:

- Did you get it running?

- Did you manage to connect to the CAN-bus?

- If you managed to connect to the CAN-bus, are you able to connect to you board computer to the same extent like with the stock navigation system?

Cheers / prost!

• 6 months later...
Ok, another update on this project. I have a CAN to USB converter. If I have time this weekend I will see if I can tap into the CAN lines at the NAV unit and try reading it with RR.

That is what I did this weekend, too.

Is there an already existing documentation of all the different IDs?

So far I think ID 023 is the outside temperature, but not 100% sure yet ...

Which CAN converter did you use? Got my system rigged up as well and was hoping to tap into the can bus as well. Im using open auto pro on mine with a base of rasbian. works flawlessly now

I am using CANtact.

That is what I did this weekend, too.

Is there an already existing documentation of all the different IDs?

So far I think ID 023 is the outside temperature, but not 100% sure yet ...

I am using CANtact.

https://subdiesel.wordpress.com/ecu-analysis/can-messages/

Subaru uses a consistent CANBus message format, so the data will be in the same place as those on that site if it's available. Some fields are active that aren't in the above listed though, and some data isn't actually transmitted so the bits are left zero.

The highspeed canbus (between ECU/ABS/BIU) has the most interesting information on it.

https://subdiesel.wordpress.com/ecu-analysis/can-messages/

Subaru uses a consistent CANBus message format, so the data will be in the same place as those on that site if it's available. Some fields are active that aren't in the above listed though, and some data isn't actually transmitted so the bits are left zero.

The highspeed canbus (between ECU/ABS/BIU) has the most interesting information on it.

Thank you for the quick reply. Very useful information!

I am mainly interested in the information my original navigation system receives, as I want to replace it with a linux based pc. However, I don't want to lose the ability to set things like "auto lock" and turn hazard lights on and off when locking the car.

I stumbled upon the subdiesel forum before, but I was wondering if there are resources besides that.