LegacyGT.com

Bought some oem jdm headlights... gonna need to front end swap

Hey guys I got some jdm headlights for my legacy and unfortunately the jdm front is a little different. probably should have done my research, but hell the only aftermarket available for this car is all jdm anyways. so i’m gonna have to front end swap my car. right now i’m just wondering if anybody knows if the front bumper for the a-c 4th gen is the same as the d-f 4th gen? i know the headlights are slightly different in shape but i don’t know if it’s just the corner of the light (on the fender) that’s different or is the bubble on the bottom of the headlight (on the bumper) in a different location as well?

if i get the whole jdm nose cut do you think i will need to do the radiator support as well? and how does the fender line up with the a-pillar for the d-f conversion from the a-c? it’s much easier to find wrecked pre-facelift models than post..

I did a JDM D-F swap on my facelifted Outback. I didn’t need to replace the radiator support or do any modifications. The fender should line up exactly with the a-pillar, regardless of origin.

Archived