LegacyGT.com

New to the Subie world and need some help!

SubaruSam89

Hey guys,

I am completely new to Subarus, coming from the American muscle world. I recently purchased a 2008 Legacy GT in Newport Blue Pearl. I am researching some different modifications and trying to figure out what I would like to do.

I would definitely like to lower the car, and get some nice aftermarket wheels. I was looking at the xxr 527 in a 17x8.25 with a +35 offset. I would also like to go with a meatier tire like 245/40/17. I would like to know what lowering method I can use with this setup without rolling my fenders. I was looking at the swift springs, as I have seen where many have used their stock struts and done well with these springs. Budget is important to me.

I appreciate any info you guys can give me, I am researching but feel a bit lost right now. Hopefully this thread can help me and any others that have similar questions.

Hey guys,

I am completely new to Subarus, coming from the American muscle world. I recently purchased a 2008 Legacy GT in Newport Blue Pearl. I am researching some different modifications and trying to figure out what I would like to do.

I would definitely like to lower the car, and get some nice aftermarket wheels. I was looking at the xxr 527 in a 17x8.25 with a +35 offset. I would also like to go with a meatier tire like 245/40/17. I would like to know what lowering method I can use with this setup without rolling my fenders. I was looking at the swift springs, as I have seen where many have used their stock struts and done well with these springs. Budget is important to me.

I appreciate any info you guys can give me, I am researching but feel a bit lost right now. Hopefully this thread can help me and any others that have similar questions.

You're going to need to roll your fenders for that wheel and tire set up if you're going to go lower. If you're after a flush type of fitment you will have to roll your fenders regardless. Honestly it's not very hard to do it yourself if you can rent a heat gun and a fender roller.

Swift springs are great but another option is H&R springs as well. Not too sure how much of a drop you are looking for but it is recommended to go with upgraded struts such as Konis with the swift springs

You're going to need to roll your fenders for that wheel and tire set up if you're going to go lower. If you're after a flush type of fitment you will have to roll your fenders regardless. Honestly it's not very hard to do it yourself if you can rent a heat gun and a fender roller.

Swift springs are great but another option is H&R springs as well. Not too sure how much of a drop you are looking for but it is recommended to go with upgraded struts such as Konis with the swift springs

Thanks for the reply and information. Is there a setup I would be able to go with that I wouldn’t need to roll my fenders for? I have no experience and really don’t want to mess up my paint. I do have a heat gun but no fender roller, though I’m sure I could find one easily.

Regarding the springs, if I had to buy new struts I would likely just go with coilovers but I thought I read somewhere where the Swifts were designed to work with stock struts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived