LegacyGT.com

Vinyl seat bolster cracking

ktm200

Sadly my 09 drivers seat just started cracking/splitting. The side bolster just by your left thigh. Has anyone had any luck fixing anything like this? Not really worth the money or time to have the seat reupholstered. Just a quick google search came up with surprisingly little info on that kind of repair. What I did find looked super messy. A bummer since it kind of came out of nowhere, cleaned the seats a couple weeks ago and they looked great, no signs of any issues, and they just on Monday I saw a couple cracks about 1" long just starting to split open. Thanks for any ideas.

If it's the material itself, it could possibly be repaired, unless the material is dried out and stiff. If it is old and dry, then replacement is your only option

If it's a split seam, then it's an easy fix

Any suggestions on products? It doesn't seem to be dried out, just split at the center of a section. Not the seam.

aa16714b7b4ff40f588cdaa7a57a3d3f.jpg

b8da64a28831ae850721702d80330a2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly my 09 drivers seat just started cracking/splitting. The side bolster just by your left thigh. Has anyone had any luck fixing anything like this? Not really worth the money or time to have the seat reupholstered. Just a quick google search came up with surprisingly little info on that kind of repair. What I did find looked super messy. A bummer since it kind of came out of nowhere, cleaned the seats a couple weeks ago and they looked great, no signs of any issues, and they just on Monday I saw a couple cracks about 1" long just starting to split open. Thanks for any ideas.
My 2015 with 80k Miles just started this as well. I tried to claim it on warranty and only Seat Brackets are covered.. New Material is 135.00..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Mine is cracked in pretty much the same spot. I was going to stop by a local upholstery shop and see what they say could be done about it. I'm curious to see how much a little extra bolstering would cost too. I have a 2010 GT with 127k on it.

@Grnlantern1 how much material do you get for $135?

Archived