LegacyGT.com

DOHC water pump replacement, do I have to remove...

DOHC water pump replacement, do I have to remove the cam sprocket, belt cover & tensioner?

I'm getting ready to do the timing belt, water pump, etc.. The FSM says I have to remove the left, intake cam sprocket to replace the water pump on a 2006 DOHC engine. I've watched a few videos & don't see anyone doing that. I am missing something?

Thanks

page 1 in section below...

4 Water Pump.pdf

• 4 weeks later...
Looks like no one got around to answering this. You mention having a DOHC engine, though the FSM link you provide is for a SOHC engine. If you wouldn't mind sharing what car you have, we can help you through.

Well that's embarrassing... I was following the references in the FSM & apparently got lost.

So... looking at the correct section, CO(H4DOTC)-15, steps 9 & 11 still say to remove sprocket & cover. :confused:

I'm done with the timing belt/water pump part of my job... The answer on removing the cover is maybe. ;) If you want/need to replace the 2 small hoses connected to the water pump, removing the cover gives you room to work. I wanted to replace them, but didn't want to pull the cam gear. I managed to squeeze behind the cover & get it done, just took time & patience. If you [re]use spring clamps, it would be faster.

Archived