LegacyGT.com

CEL and flashing cruise light -

Go to AutoZone, get the CEL pulled.

If they look at you funny when you say "I need to get a CEL pulled," translate that for them, into: "Can your guy use the OBD-II scanner to read my Check Engine Light code?"

According to our Owner's Manual, the CEL combined with flashing cruise light denotes a malfunction within the car's emissions systems. You won't be able to trace down the actual reason for it unless you get the specific code pulled.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I may pick up an OBD-II reader today for this and future occurrences. Is there a place on the web to view all of the codes and descriptions for each?

Thanks in advance -

Kent

many of them have been documented here on this site... i'll see if i can dig up a link

Kent,

No thanks needed. :)

On the AutoZone or Advance Auto websites, they usually let you download the entire product manual in .pdf format. Those will usually contain a reference to all OBD-II CEL codes. Look for the manuals of the lower-line models, as they typically do not include a big enough display screen to visualize what each code "means," and thus will have you referencing back to the manual to cross-reference the code.

Here's an example:

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?categorycode=3389&mfrcode=ACN&mfrpartnumber=CP9125

Note that in the "Propduct Information" bar to the right, you can download the manual.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived