LegacyGT.com

Serious Question About Interest in Awesome Suspension

2_Liter_Turbo

So I'm new to the Subaru market. I've been into Nissan's most of my "car enthusiast" life. While I've been learning about my car ('07 Spec B), I've noticed that there is very little out there for full adjustable suspension. At least, I have not been able to find much other than rear lateral links and bushings/ball joints.

So would designing trick front LCA's, rear upper arms, etc, be of any interest to people? Or is it a waste of time? I have experience in suspension design (not dampers/springs, just control arms, geometry, etc), but it's all been for Nissans and a few other smaller projects. This is more for a side fun hobby sort of thing, than any mainstream business. I have a normal day job, LOL. Just trying to get a feel for the market before spending any time on it.

Any constructive feedback is appreciated.

I feel like with Nissans a lot of people are using S chassises for drifting purposes which require a lot more adjustability range in the suspension so that's why you have a lot of aftermarket control arms and stuff. Also much larger modifying base so more of a market to sell products to.

With people with Subarus, I only know a few guys that have made custom LCAs and arms for some pretty nutty stance builds or drift cars but they all just do it for themselves. Might be a market for them but personally I don't think it would be that large

Archived