LegacyGT.com

Legacy wagon better handling

So I have a 05 legacy wagon n/a, haven’t really found a thread on this but if anyone can direct me but otherwise I’d like to know what upgrades and parts to consider in getting a better handling car at the turns. Not to mention what all ready exist that can be bought and bolted in, what has worked out for everyone else.

#1 improvement is probably a Whiteline rear sway bar with Moog end links and AVO braces. Maybe Energy greasable bushings, not a huge difference there.

Also front end links are worth considering.

Next, what do you want to do with your ride height? My wagon has H&R Sport springs and 1/2" saggy butt spacers, makes for a perfect height for a high-performance DD. I still have stock shocks, but Konis will probably be my next investment.

A good idea would be to check out the Suspension/Brakes section of the forums. Lots of good information there on modifications that people have done before. Also a good set of tires will go a long way in terms of cornering grip.

A good idea would be to check out the Suspension/Brakes section of the forums. Lots of good information there on modifications that people have done before. Also a good set of tires will go a long way in terms of cornering grip.
Word. Continental ExtremeContact DWS are the bomb year round, and cheap to boot.

it can be done I have a modified 2006 Outback love the looks when you pass them in a turn in a station Wagon. Have AVO Swaybar braces as well as chassie brace kartboy end links Whiteline lower rear control arms. And front LCA bushings

it can be done I have a modified 2006 Outback love the looks when you pass them in a turn in a station Wagon. Have AVO Swaybar braces as well as chassie brace kartboy end links Whiteline lower rear control arms. And front LCA bushings

Rear sway bar for the win. One of the most noticeable suspension mods I've made, cuts out that whale-tail action. The car actually turns with you! Huge difference cornering. And the upgrade makes it essential to beef up the mounting point from stock with AVO rsb mounts. From one wagonista to another, those two purchases will absolutely transform your handling experience. Great bang for the buck investment.

#1 improvement is probably a Whiteline rear sway bar with Moog end links and AVO braces. Maybe Energy greasable bushings, not a huge difference there.

Also front end links are worth considering.

Next, what do you want to do with your ride height? My wagon has H&R Sport springs and 1/2" saggy butt spacers, makes for a perfect height for a high-performance DD. I still have stock shocks, but Konis will probably be my next investment.

Pretty much looking at the same height as an Outback. If I had to generalize what I want is to be able to take it on the street and dirt

Pretty much looking at the same height as an Outback. If I had to generalize what I want is to be able to take it on the street and dirt
Huh? In your first post, you said you wanted better handling in the turns. Jacking it up to the height of an Outback is the exact opposite of that. And if you want an Outback, why not just switch to an Outback?

Not sure how much the difference is in weight is, but after adding a rear sway bar (20mm fixed) to my gt wagon, the car handled a lot more neutral. I know pretty much every time exactly where it's going. I used to slide around a turn off an exit ramp because it was so easy.

Don't slide around corners on the street, but do buy a sway bar.

Huh? In your first post, you said you wanted better handling in the turns. Jacking it up to the height of an Outback is the exact opposite of that. And if you want an Outback, why not just switch to an Outback?

Nah I’m saying height wise is be where I could take it off road and gravel.

I don't get it.

What do you want?

I was watching Gravedigger on the telly. After a few beers, the wagon started to morph into something like it. So now I want that handling.

It least OP is only ruining a "I".

Off-road tires and street racing are orthogonal . Get a Jeep, you'll have more fun.

On your car, buy better tires.a low profile summer tire and a high performance driving class will radically change your driving experience. A stick legacy has far more capabilities than you are able to use at the moment.

You have stock springs in them?

I have H&R springs in them which provide a moderate drop. I like the moderate drop, and concede that it probably is about as good handling as stock springs though. Koni's would still be night and day with stock springs. In fact stock springs with Konis is probably one of the best handling setups possible on a Legacy GT, as you maintain your suspension geometry and travel, while adding really high quality dampening.

The next best handling setup would probably include a full coilover setup like KWv2's or something.

CovertRussian has a giant post somewhere talking about suspension geometry. Basically drop springs are stiffer and reduce travel, which has an adverse affect on handling.

Brought to you by Pfizer

Archived