LegacyGT.com

To those with fender flares, where did you order your nutserts and bolts?

I don't have flares but have seen nut-sert assortments at my local harbor freight and many options on eBay and Amazon. There are kits that come with the installation tool too. I assume the fenders are made of steel so I'd go with steel pieces instead of mixing metals with aluminum options being popular online.

Whatever you do, waste a few pieces and practice on a scrap of sheet metal before installing any on the car.

I am curious the number of people who just use self-taping screws...

I decided against going w/ flares as I do not ever need above a 255 wide tire. Screw/bolt's most likely just promote rust. Just roll fender and w/ coil overs or bilstein struts you will have enough clearance to get majority of what you want. (XenonK wheel/tire FAQ was very helpful for offset/width)

But if you need nutserts, US has a place called Fastenal, or local to central NY is a 'Hiawatha Fasteners,' I am sure they'd ship international for the right quantity.

I've got a buddy with a 2007 STI with fender flares. The previous owner of that car apparently didn't give a crap about quality so he installed the flares with round head torx screws and regular ol' hex nuts. So.... you know... there's that.

I'm pretty sure my friends have gotten nutserts locally at Princess Auto locations. However they didn't come with the hardware and that's where I think going online would be a better option

Archived