LegacyGT.com

Need help picking the right Legacy

rigboogle

Hi,

I am in need of some advice as I am looking to purchase a Subaru Legacy GT 2.0 Turbo soon. I have narrowed down my choices to two vehicles.

Vehicle 1 -

Model: Legacy

Series: 2.0 GT Turbo

Year: 2008

Odometer: 91,000km (56,500 miles)

Price: $8,990 NZD ($6500 USD)

Exterior: Excellent Condition

Interior: Great Condition

Vehicle 2 -

Model: Legacy

Series: 2.0 GT Turbo (Spec.B)

Year: 2006

Odometer: 79,000km (49,000 miles)

Price: $10,990 NZD ($7900 USD)

Exterior: Excellent Condition

Interior: Moderate Condition (Front Seats have some tearing on the sides)

As you can see, both have it's winning points, one has higher mileage at a lower price & one has a lower mileage at a higher price. I do plan on doing some modifications to the vehicle once I get it. I have tried looking for 2.5L versions of this vehicle but it is difficult to find at a good price. So here are my questions.

1. what exactly is Spec B? I have seen people flaunt it here and there, but I am still not convinced if it's better or what?

2. Will mods from 2.5GT's or normal GT's work fine with the GT 2.0? (Air Intake - Exhaust, etc) or even other Subaru vehicles like the WRX?

3. Would it be better for me to get more grunt/sound out of the vehicle with either an CAI installation, CatBack Exhaust or a Muffler Delete? Which is cheaper and which yields better results.

4. Will I need to tune the vehicle for any of the mods above? If so, which ones?

5. How should I tune my vehicle? Dyno, Mechanics, Access Port?

6. Are there any stance like mods available for this vehicle? I have seen a few pictures but i've found it impossible to find jdm mods. Will JDM parts from WRX's like bumpers, diffusers, lips work on this GT?

I know some of these questions may seem stupid, but I am new to all of this and any help sent my way is appreciated.

Thanks!

Archived