LegacyGT.com

Center dome light compatability '05-09?

hadvw

So, it seems the center dome (interior) light switch (above the rear passengers) in my '05 LGT wagon is not working correctly. I replaced all my interior bulbs with LEDs 3 or 4 years ago, and all the others are working great. The one in the dome light was acting up for a while, sometimes wiggling the switch would make it work. Now it seems mostly dead. I could only get voltage across it when leaving it in "door open" mode and opening/closing the doors (didn't hook up the LED for that, probably should have). In "full open" mode, got 0 volts, even with key in "running" mode (car off).

I hooked the LED up straight to the battery, and it still works. So I'm guessing the switch is old/worn? Or did I wear it out with the LEDs?

Anyway, the part listed in my "05 parts list" for the lamp assembly is 84601AG01AOR. This sells for around $85-100. This is supposed to be for '05-07. For '08-09, it's part 84601AG07AOR (note 7 in 4th last position, not 1). This part sells for $35-40 new. The only difference that I can see is that the plastic is "clear" not "smoked".

Anyone know for sure? Wouldn't mind paying $35-40 for a new part. $100 gets to the "see if I can fix it, which will take hours and hours" level.. I'd rather just swap in the smoked plastic from my existing light, or, at worst, the clear light would be fine too - my kids would love to have light back there again..

Thanks!

Archived