LegacyGT.com

HVAC/Radio Suddenly Stopped Working

kayman1124

So I started my car today and when I went to turn on the heat, I noticed I had to control to the climate control display or the radio. 2006 Subaru Legacy

Nothing is displayed on the radio screen, no buttons work except for the load CD button, and the power button turns the radio on and off, but no channel changing, AM to FM switch, etc.

For the climate control, the only thing that is displayed is "Auto" and "A/C." Also the orange lights for the front and rear defrost stay lit up even after turning the car off until the door is opened. No control to turn anything on or off.

Maybe unrelated, but the automatic driver window stops randomly, window won't go fully down with one press.

Any help or knowledge on this topic is greatly appreciated, as it is 5F and making for some very cold rides around town.

-Joel

i just wish i knew what the actual solution was. i thought it was a weak battery in which cranking voltage went too low and screwed up the radio. i got a new battery and new terminals and it still acts up. i have tried leaving the radio / hvac off while parked and did not turn it on until after the car is running. it still acts up. it is literally just the radio / hvac getting too cold and acting up as kayman has described.

Archived