LegacyGT.com

Eagle LS2 tire life

I just got rid of the Eagle LS2's today at 35k miles. They were at either 3 or 4/32s all around. I can't believe how much better the car drives and rides now. I was never a huge fan of the LS2's, but now I can't believe how terrible they were.

I put on a set of General Altimax RT43's. Consumer reports ranked them as one of the top all season tires and they have a 75k mile warranty. We'll see how they do long term.

I just got rid of the Eagle LS2's today at 35k miles. They were at either 3 or 4/32s all around. I can't believe how much better the car drives and rides now. I was never a huge fan of the LS2's, but now I can't believe how terrible they were.

I put on a set of General Altimax RT43's. Consumer reports ranked them as one of the top all season tires and they have a 75k mile warranty. We'll see how they do long term.

Same here. The lousy Goodyears had around 5/32s or so at 28k, did not look ready at all for winter. They also got very noisy on the highway. Eager to see how the Altimax tires do.

I rotated every other oil change and they wore very evenly (I changed my oil every 5,000 miles.) I was at 5/32 at 35,200 before I traded it in. I think getting to 45k-50k is definitely possible, especially if you rotate more than I did.

Having said that, I am not a fan of the stock Goodyear tires. I've always had great success with Cooper CS5 tires and they are priced very competitively with $100 mail in rebates being offered all the time.

Archived