LegacyGT.com

Dash Cam!

ArmyVetMP

Who here has a Dash Cam? What do you have?

I myself have a Garmin Dashcam 35 (https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/517726) Picked it up back in May and love it so far. Good to have the undisputable eye in the car. Currently, the few downfalls that I have found with the Camera is the limited battery capacity (only 30 minutes when not plugged in), and the lack of Audio recording. Though the Camera has the slots in the outer case for a microphone/speaker, it does not record sound, and the only audible noise it makes is a Chirp when it saves a video due to the Shock Sensor picking up an odd vibration. Other than that, the Camera has a decent screen where you can see what is being recorded, properly aim the camera, and watch playback. Also the camera has expandable memory, and will record over any video automatically once the card is full (with the exception of saved video/photos). The camera also has internal GPS capabilities, which enables it to overlay the GPS Grid Coordinates, Vehicle Speed, and Direction of Travel onto all video. Also, all video is saved automatically in 60 second clips, meaning 1 hour of video would instead be Sixty 1 minute clips. I also wish that it had the ability to accept a 2nd camera (2 channel abilities) for recording traffic to the rear of the vehicle.

Archived