LegacyGT.com

Rallysport Direct, Kartboy, and Race Consulting Agency

Hey all,

I wanted to take a moment and share 2 really positive experiences and a not so positive one. I was trying to find a short throw shifter for my 2010 GT and realized, as always, theres nothing on the market for this car. I found out that 2015 wrx shifters fit, so I started looking in that direction. I had heard good things about Kartboy so I looked in their direction. Somewhere along the way I misunderstood, or possibly just clicked STI instead of WRX and ended up with the wrong Kartboy shorth throw shifter kit. Things got super hectic, as they tend to, and then I went on a 10 day trip to Europe. Once I got back I went to install and realized I had the wrong part and called up RSD for a return. They say no can do tough luck kid its been 35 days. My mind was blown because as is ALWAYS the case with car parts, the job took longer than expected. Sure I should have read the policy, but I thought they had such a reputation for customer service and them being a car parts company, I figured they would understand that stuff takes time and all I needed was an exchange for the correct year. No dice. So I called up Kartboy. A guy named tom emailed me back and was all for fixing the situation. After some back and forth to nail down what I truly needed, I tossed a 5 in the box for return shipping and off it went. Got the parts I needed in a week. Some serious customer service right there. Lesson learned, if I order from rallysport, make sure I’m 110% positive it fits, or make sure I order right before install.

Side note, I had issues with ordering an Invidia TBE because of the low production. I had found a little site called Race Consulting Agency. They are pretty much running out of a tuner shop in Illinois I believe, and they have killer deals on major parts. Theyre great for bigger purchases and they pick up the phone everytime with any questions you might have for fitment or order details for anything from exhausts to their specialty, coilovers. Theyre primarily a coilover store. Their price on the TBE beat RSD by hundreds.

Bit of a long rant, but some good info for beginners in there.

Archived