LegacyGT.com

The Leon Rotella Make-A-Wish Subaru Project

Redslaya

Hello Friends, Im not quite sure where to post this, so if it is in the wrong section please move it.

Over the past year I have been working very hard with a close friend on this project. last month we finally went public with it. Our goal is simple, to finish building a dear friend, Leon Rotella's, 06 WRX. a little background on the car and Leon:

j0mJkWx.jpg

This build is dedicated to Leon Rotella, whom we lost on September 3, 2016 due to a long-term chronic illness. The Subaru community lost not only a member, but also a Subaru enthusiast that enjoyed spending time with other enthusiasts to hang out at a meet or lend a hand to modify a Subaru.

Leon was intrigued by a WRX that was modified on the West Coast and put up to auction by a Subaru dealer, who donated the WRX to raise money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Leon spent the night browsing the web and found the online auction. He loved the purpose of the auction and decided to place a bid before heading off to bed. The next morning he found out he had a lot of explaining to do to his wife, as he was the proud owner of a Subaru WRX!

3ax7bR6.jpg

Leon spent his spare time modifying his 2006 WRX, which he named “Beatrice”. His vision of building Beatrice was creating a street version of the WRC rally machines he watched on TV. One thing was certain: Leon never once forgot the purpose of this modified Subaru. Just as he always enjoyed helping others, he would continue to fulfill Beatrice’s purpose to raise funds towards the Make-A-Wish Foundation, which he continued to do at car shows with a little table and jar placed next to her.

Up until Leon’s final weeks he always spoke about Beatrice who was parked in his driveway at home due to his illness confining Leon to his bed.

Leon was a true friend to us all, and with the support from his family and friends, we are working to finish Leon’s dream of transforming Beatrice into a street rally machine. Together as a Subaru family, we will not only continue Leon’s legacy of giving to the Make-A-Wish foundation, but also allow sick children to appreciate and enjoy one man’s vision for the cause!

Since beginning the project over a year ago, we have been able to gain the support of many amazing companies inside our community, such as:

Cobb Tuning

Rally Armour

Mishimoto

Bilstein

to name a few. The end goal of the project is simple: a functional, widebody WRX to be driven, brought to shows, and most importantly continue to help the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Im here to share the project with other enthusiasts and to keep spreading the word about this project.

if you wish to follow the build, our facebook link is here: https://www.facebook.com/RotellaWish/

finally if you wish to support the project, please PM me

If I may ask, who now owns the vehicle? Who is now raising funds for Make-A-Wish? How much is being raised through displaying the car? What is the ultimate goal for the vehicle?

Is there any plan to sell the car in the future, and if so, where/how would those funds be distributed?

If I may ask, who now owns the vehicle? Who is now raising funds for Make-A-Wish? How much is being raised through displaying the car? What is the ultimate goal for the vehicle?

Is there any plan to sell the car in the future, and if so, where/how would those funds be distributed?

I can absolutely answer those.

currently the vehicle is owned by the owner of the club Leon was a member of, CTSUBIE. The car was purchased from his family after his passing.

The owner and myself are doing the fundraising in conjunction with the club, with all donations being made in Leon's name. As of now we are still in the process of building the vehicle, but over the past 10 years Leon always had a donation jar on the car at meets and events. Once the build is finished it will be displayed at events such as Wicked Big Meet and used as a fundraising tool there.

The ultimate goal of the vehicle is a WRC 2006 "replica" with custom livery to be shown as a celebration of Leon's life and passion as well as a tool to help the organization he cared about so much.

As of now there is no plan to sell the vehicle once completed. However that question had been discussed before and if it were to ever go up for sale, any money received for the vehicle would go to the Make-A-Wish foundation.

I will also add that we are not currently seeking any monetary donations from anyone at the moment. As of now the project is coming along from our own purchases and donations of parts from companies and individuals in our community. The car already has a cage, roof scoop, vented hood, and a modified motor.

Archived