LegacyGT.com

radio head unit help

• 4 weeks later...

That 8-pin socket on the back of the HU is used by the STARLINK Safety and Security services system. The telematics module (shown on Subaru's wiring diagrams as the "Data Communication Module") sends a mute signal to the OEM HU via that socket. The car's 8-pin harness (designated i272) only has that one wire.

2016 was the first year that was offered in Legacys, and only in the USA.

Is the pictured HU the one that Subaru originally fitted in your 2015 Legacy? If not, what is the model number on the original HU?

How many wires are on your car's 8-pin plug? I suspect you've found a different 8-pin harness that was supposed to go somewhere else.

It's not mine HU in the picture it looks the same doh, part number on mine is 86271AL6A..

there are 6 wires in the plug..

I think you're missing a digit in the 86271AL... number. And the 2nd picture you posted (with "BN66" on the rear) is the USA model 86271AL64A.

Was your Legacy built in Subaru's USA plant?

In any case, the 8-pin harness you found doesn't belong in that socket. I don't know what it might be for, but likely some other switch panel or module above or below the head unit. Has anything in the car stopped working?

• 4 weeks later...
Legacy 2015 2.5 limited H/K audio.

Please clarify: Your post says 2015 Legacy, but your profile says you have a 2011 Legacy. Are you trying to install a 2015 head unit in a 2011 car? Something else?

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Archived