LegacyGT.com

**Sigh**

Oh well, my hopes for Subaru useing better paint on the 05 Legacy have finaly been dashed.. I have found my first set of paint chips.. So far they are not all that bad, but you can tell, that the paint is extreamly thin. Can we start a petition for Subaru to use better paint? B4

Yes that is very true too. And as I have also stated in another thread, I have no idea why car manufactures INSIST on putting white undercoat on under dark paint, just doesnt make sense unless your a re-spraypainting company........ Try and get some touch up paint, it doesnt totally fix the problem at all but hopefully helps the pain a little.

Not sure about the plastic protector helping the hood closest to the windshield (depending on trajectory of the rock/pebble/salt, etc). It might help protect the front a little bit (nearest the hodd latch) though...where most of the little chips and things seem to happen. However it sucks to hear about the paint...it's a sad thing, and that's why I decided to get a silver one this time...at least it won't show like the black/regal blue/and red -- correct me if I am wrong here... When I went to the dealer, to place an order, they 'inspected' my WRB WRX, and asked me if I go 'off-roading' with the car. Of course not...I told him...it's just the 'Subaru Paint' and he laughed. Hope the silver is a little better than some of the darker colors. Later, i.

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']I have had my car for about 30 hours and I already have a paint chip. right on top of the hood scoop. If a rock hit's your paint at 60mph, it's going to chip.. any manufactureres paint will.[/quote] Yeah, but its also Subaru's paint. It was thin on my 01 Leggy, and it't thin on the 05 as all the other Suabru's.. Its just a shame. Plus, regular touch up paint won't do the job cuz of the pearl flake. It won't look good to have flat touch up paint on the black pearl paint. And don't think chips won't be visable on the silver cars..cuz they will. I notice them all the time. I just wish they could strike a deal with BMW so they can get some of the paint they use. B4

Yup well put Throttle, Scooby use the same sort of under coat colour so it mixes in quite well when you have a few stone chips. I also learnt this when I had the accident and the paint pealed off. Found out the hard way :(

[quote name='Limeydriver']My wife has a 2004 Acura TSX which has plenty of paint chips on the hood after 3 months of ownership. I think it has something to do with the new generation of water based paints.[/quote] Whatever it may be..I think that people would pay the diffrence of whatever it may cost to put qulity paint on their veichals. Cuz, nothing sux more then a new car with paint thats been eaten up by small chips..

Archived