LegacyGT.com

Need some install assistance

GearJamr

Surely this has been done to death, but I need a definitive spot to route an amp power wire through the firewall. I recently got an '05 GT wagon with M5 transmission. I had an '06 base wagon with auto, and I was able to route the wire through the firewall where the clutch master cylinder now resides. I spent a good 2 hours testing other locations, but none were suitable.

I have NOT yet tried going behind the driver side wheel well, because of 1) time and 2) reading that the wagons can't use that spot because the rear window washer fluid line runs through the "unused" grommet.

The other issue is I need to run the cable for my XM antenna into the cabin as well and not sure if the wheel well location will accommodate that as well.

I'm not afraid to put in a hole if needed, but it's pretty cramped in the engine bay and under the dashboard and I don't want to drill into something I need. :)

I read about another possible grommet location under the brake booster but was unable to see anything from up top - any truth to this on an '05?

TIA

Check under the driver side, gotta pull the carpet back. You should see some kinda grommet that can be removed.

Removing the seats help the install go so much smoother

Link for how to run that XM antenna, its pretty easy

http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f92/how-install-replace-aftermarket-sirius-xm-satellite-antenna-30780/

btw not sure if you know, but NEVER cut the wire for the XM antennas. Just zip tie/tape up the extra wire.

Yes, I have heard that from a couple sources now, so I will double check under the driver side carpet. Maybe I just didn't have it pulled far enough back. I was pretty fed up at the time.....

I have already run the XM antenna wire before in my 06 Legacy. Pretty simple stuff as long as I have somewhere to put the wire through the firewall!

Yea its a pain, I had to take off the kick panel, its high up, directly behind the pedals. ten times easier taking out the seat.

I remove the seat bolts and disconnect harness under the seat. Then push the seat back so its laying on the back seat. You get tons of clearance like this. Saves lots of time from having to take the seat out and put it back in.

I ran 0g wire to a 3 point distribution block under the driver seat. D-block sits under the driver seat and I use 4g from the D-block to the amps. This makes any future upgrades easyyy

Archived