LegacyGT.com

Your not going to believe this - CEL from change in tire size

Qship

^ I'll spot him on this one, brother jedi - "CEL" is just too common of a search parameter if he simply doesn't know that it's an abbreviation. :)

zildjiank - "CEL" stands for ©heck (E)ngine (L)ight. :)

The '05's CEL illuminates steady-on when the ECU detects a powertrain malfunction; the CEL will blink, along with a steady-on illuminated "CRUISE" light (and your cruise-control will be disabled), when the ECU detects a malfunction pertaining to the emissions control systems of the vehicle.

When the CEL is illuminated for whatever reason (aside from your normal vehicle-start routine), an alphanumeric code will be registered with the ECU, and can be read (i.e. "pulled") and later cleared via an OBD-II scantool. The Cobb AccessPort can also read and clear many CELs, and your vehicle has a built-in code-reader function via test-connectors and the dash odometer - how to access this feature can easily be had via a quick search using our search-engine.

Considering that the guys at the local AutoZone gave me a funny look when I asked them to "pull my CEL," I think that newbies are OK to ask this question. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

:lol: Nothing to add - that "dealer" must be selling some incredible stuff. :lol:

BTW, I know nothing about them, but don't feel any ill will about them, I've had some simply amazing experiences with dealers from just about every brand I've dealt with. Not to mention the Mercedes "there is nothing wrong with our cars" thing when they launched the E class. Erm, how many did they recall for that inept braking system again? :rolleyes:

OK - back to normal programming :)

Archived